[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Alternatives to LaTeX (Was Some comments...)
- To: Multiple recipients of list LATEX-L <LATEX-L@RELAY.URZ.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE>
- Subject: Re: Alternatives to LaTeX (Was Some comments...)
- From: "Randolph J. Herber" <herber@DCDRJH.FNAL.GOV>
- Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 16:00:23 -0500
- Reply-To: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <LATEX-L@RELAY.URZ.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE>
- Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <LATEX-L@RELAY.URZ.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE>
I believe that the reference to `optically-scaled' refers to the phenomenon
that, for most people, linear-scaled scaled fonts at small sizes seem less
bold than the larger sizes. An optically-scaled fonts would be scaled
bolder at small sizes so that, subjectively, the fonts would seem to be
of the same weight.
Randolph J. Herber, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 630 840 2966,
CD/OSS/CDF CDF-PK-149O Mail Stop 318
Fermilab, Kirk & Pine Rds., P.O. Box 500, Batavia, IL 60190-0500.
(Speaking for myself and not for US, US DOE, FNAL nor URA.)
(Product, trade, or service marks herein belong to their respective owners.)
N 41 50 26.3 W 88 14 54.4 and altitude 700' approximately, WGS84 datum.