[twg-tds] v1.1 of TeX Directory Structure document
karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jun 23 19:33:07 CEST 2004
After a lengthy review process, I've now released version 1.1 of the TeX
Directory Structure (TDS) document.
sources and all output: ftp://tug.org/tex/tds/
It should propagate to CTAN (in the top-level tds directory) shortly.
Here is the summary of the non-editorial changes:
* Inputs for TeX extensions included under `tex', instead of in their
own top-level directories.
* New top-level directory `scripts'.
* New subdirectories `lig', `opentype', `truetype', and `type3' under `fonts'.
* `enc', `lig', and `map' all use `SYNTAX/PACKAGE' subdirectories.
* `pfm' files specified to go under `type1', and `inf' files under `afm'.
There is more information and rationale for each of these changes
cross-referenced in the document.
Happy TeX structuring,
Karl (on behalf of the TDS working group)
More information about the twg-tds