[tex-live] Minitoc documentation size
Nils Ole Tippenhauer
nils_tippenhauer at sutd.edu.sg
Fri Jul 18 06:34:02 CEST 2014
Thanks for hint on the license, I did not consider that so far. I plan to do the following:
1. Fork all content of minitoc.zip from CTAN to a github repository
2. Update all license headers to lppl status 'unmaintained'
3. Commit my local changes to minitoc.dtx, that reduce the size of minitoc.pdf to 1.5 MB while retaining almost all content (english and french). Cleaning the minitoc.dtx has been done with quick & dirty perl regex magic.
4. I also fixed a couple of other small things, like the list of files in the package etc.
5. I will then notify this list again, and whoever wants to use my changes is free to commit to CTAN
Please let me know if there is a better way to handle this situation. I do not plan to be maintainer of this package, I just wanted to improve the current state.
More information about the tex-live