[tex-live] hyperref/puenc.def broken after upgrade
heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 7 14:26:55 CEST 2012
On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 12:50:33PM +0200, Pander wrote:
> Would be nice that the people who told me to start working on this that
> some feedback would be given.
> On 2012-08-15 12:25, Pander wrote:
> > Please review:
> > tlit - TeX Live Integration Testing
> > https://github.com/PanderMusubi/tlit
> > The goal of integration testing of TeX Live is to automatically confirm
> > that an update did not break any major functionality. Detailed module
> > testing of individual packagese is up to the package maintaineres. This
> > is done in much more detail and is outside of the scope of integration
> > testing. Integration testing offered here is merely a simply check if
> > certain often used combinations of package can play together. The goal
> > is to prevent that simultaneous updateting of multiple packages, which
> > all passed their individual module tests without being aware that other
> > packages are also being updated on the same time, break TeX Live.
* It assumes that packages have individual module tests that are run on
updates. Both is not true with few excaptions only.
* To some degree package testing already involves other packages.
There is no sharp separation line for integration testing.
* I cannot find, how this is addressed:
* There are quite a few TeX compilers with quite a few formats.
* There are lots of classes and tons of packages.
* Classes and packages provide none up to an endless number of options
with multiple values and working modes.
* The number of package combinations and loading order is overwhelming.
* What is tested:
* Errors: expected or unexpected
* Warnings: expected or unexpected
* Messages: expected or unexpected
* Output: DVI/PS/PDF
* log file, aux files, ...
* Which system to manage the tests?
* How to deal with the result? But report to package authors?
Good testing is a huge task requiring lots of "(wo)man power".
More information about the tex-live