[tex-live] TL'10 pretest trial
taco at elvenkind.com
Tue May 25 16:51:07 CEST 2010
Karl Berry wrote:
> Give it a try if you're willing.
I just tried a network install of the context scheme. First, the
very good news: both context mkii and mkiv are close to perfect,
based on the tests I have done so far.
Nevertheless, some requests and remarks, in order of importance:
* it would be really nice if the tl installer could be made to run
in post-install because otherwise the 'context' command does
not work out of the box.
* fmtutil does not want to generate the context mkii formats, even
though they are defined in fmtutil.cfg. Maybe this is because there
are two entries with the same name?
* it would be even nicer if fmtutil could be made to support mkiv
formats as well. The creation command is:
context --make [en|nl|fr|ro|de|it]
[|] == alternate choices
even just 'en' would be really nice to have.
* assuming the final version will keep shell_escape=p: can 'mpost'
please be added to the list of acceptable commands? otherwise
we will have to ask all context users to add shell_escape=t
* because $TEXMFCACHE is not set in texmf.cnf, the context luatex-cache
folder ends up in my $TMP directory (but that's ok, it works)
* perhaps the pxfonts and txfonts packages can be added into
scheme-context. context uses these for math in the default 'palatino'
and 'times' typescripts.
Finally (but maybe that is just me):
* in tlmgr --gui, it was not at all obvious to me that you can click on
the 'Loaded repository: none' to actually load a repository.
More information about the tex-live