[tex-live] Change 4742 -- web2c to "pre" 7.5.3.
olaf at infovore.xs4all.nl
Sat May 8 14:09:17 CEST 2004
I've just submitted change 4742, touching many files in the web2c
tree. This, together a few changes elsewhere, brings my source tree
mostly in sync with the repository. Barring calamities, this is the
web2c 7.5.3 code base. The change entry:
A huge change, to bring the TeX-live source in sync with my
working sources for web2c. These changes implement:
- ini* and vir* links are no longer created
- xord/xchr/xprn are always dumped
- 8bits option
- pool_name and engine_name parametrization of mf and mp
- halt-on-error option
- setting $engine in the environment
- all formats have .fmt extension
- quoted filenames so filenames with spaces can work
Some of these changes touch a lot of files at the same time.
They also spilled over into omega and aleph.
eomega builds are probably broken at this point
Please note that last point: changes I made required changes to aleph,
omega, and pdf*tex, or their builds would fail.
(This space left blank for technical reasons.)
More information about the tex-live